The Young Franciscan group is made up of volunteer children across the school who meet every three weeks. They are inspired by the life of St Francis and by the call of Pope Francis in his encyclical, Laudato si'. They also help to lead the prayer life of our Catholic school.
Our projects have included:
Listen to the cry of the Earth:
- Planting a prayer garden
- Clearing leaves from the playground
- Picking up litter from around the school
- Coordinating the whole school Laudato Si' week and presenting an assembly about Laudato Si' and COP26 to the school.
- Promoting recycling, raising money to buy new recycling bins and emptying the recycling bins weekly.
- Ensuring all lights and appliances are turned off when not in use.
- Organising walk, scoot or cycle to school weeks.
Listen to the cry of the poor:
- Organising a Show Your Seems day to raise awareness and funds for children suffering with EB (https://www.debra.org.uk/)
- Organising the Lent and Advent fundraising projects for CAFOD such as the Big Lent Walk, Family Fast Days and collecting money to buy CAFOD World Gifts.
- Organising Christmas shoeboxes for children across the world.
"God is at the heart of our school"
- Leading a whole school penitential service.
- Leading our celebrations for the Feast of St Antony and St Francis of Assisi.
- Leading Friday prayer and liturgy in different classes across the school.