Welcome Back Year Three!
Hello Year Three! We are so pleased to see you all back in school and well, we’ve had a great two days back so far of settling in and now the hard work begins.
Here is a few things to remember and to prepare you all as we get into the routine of Year Three.
- Please make sure you bring your Reading Diaries into school every day, these will act as forms of communication between home and school as well as writing down any key dates, information, reminders or spellings.
- We will be leaving our pencil cases in class in our trays at the end of every day but if anyone is missing anything it will be provided and cleaned appropriately within class.
- Please bring in water bottles as our water fountains are out of use in school, these should go home every day and should be labelled.
- Please make sure all uniform is named and labelled too please.
- Our PE day will be WEDNESDAY, so please come into school dressed in your PE kits on this day, dress accordingly to the weather where possible but please ensure children bring a jumper/sweatshirt in case the weather changes.
- Homework will be set Monday on our year group Google Classroom, then completed in the orange home learning books if needed, due the same Friday, unless stated otherwise.
- Reading books will be sent home Monday and Thursday, please make sure to return these as we will then quarantine these over the week or weekend.
- Free reading books can be brought into school from home or borrowed, for only that child, and if borrowed from our book corners these will be quarantined appropriately.
- Packed lunches will be eaten in class so please ensure you take allergies into account, ie. No nuts, egg, shellfish, seeds.
- Our entrance exit points as Year Three’s will be the side gate on Friary Lane just before the Nursery Entrance.
- 3S start their day at 8:45 and finish 3:20.
- 3W start their day at 8:45 and finish at 3:15.
- Crisp day will also continue on Friday.
- Should you wish to contact class teachers, please email the office where this will be passed on where we will try to respond as promptly as possible, and then we will organise accordingly anything to follow.
- Our staff this year will be Miss Wells, Mr Szwaba, Mrs Brown and Mrs Parker alongside Mrs Clifford.
We really appreciate all your support so far for the children and our school community, we are looking forward to the year ahead and hope our Year Threes are too!
Miss Wells and Mr Szwaba
Our books for this first half term will be:
Here We Are by Oliver Jeffers
Stone Age Boy by Satoshi Kitamura
But please continue home reading throughout. :)